Members of the 2018 Pacific Crest as well as alumni are invited to perform with Pacific Crest in the 2019 Rose Parade. While some Southern California performers have performed in this internationally-recognized New Year’s celebration, for most this is truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
In addition to the Parade, we will also perform a field show (more of a standstill) at BandFest. There may be other related events, as well.
If you are interested in performing with Pacific Crest in the 2019 Rose Parade and BandFest, please complete the interest form, below. Before doing so, however, be advised of the following conditions:
- We will stay and rehearse at a local school from December 26, 2018, through the morning of January 1, 2019.
- All performers must stay with the corps and commit to the entire time. Limited rehearsal time requires 100% attendance at all rehearsals, and of course the BandFest, Parade, and other related events are mandatory.
- Our goal is to march 200-300 performers. All 2018 members will take priority. We will then fill in the remaining spots with alumni.
- A fee of $240 – $290 will cover housing, meals on rehearsal days, and bus transportation. Performers will be able to use Pacific Crest instruments, color guard equipment, uniforms, and costumes.
- Our 2018 Drum Majors will lead the corps in the parade. Past drum majors may choose to play a brass or battery instrument or carry banners.